Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday "fruit cake"

As promised, here are some pictures from my birthday. Muzi made a fruit salad "cake" complete with decorative fruit animals and a candle. She and Neelu sang Happy Birthday to me and made me blow out the candle and everything. It was so sweet! I had an idea that Muzi had something up her sleeve but I had no idea what! Keeping it a surprise turned out to be especially hard here because everyone seemed to want to tell me about it right away. Jahangir, our cook, was super involved in the whole process and even made sketches of the project once Muzi explained her plan to him. Even so, as soon as the "cake" was completed he tried to show it to me. Muzi had made me promise not to look in the fridge all day, though, so I didn't let him spoil the surprise. Here are a couple of pictures of the "cake" and there are more in an album (click the link on the top of the right side panel).



The photography is nothing fancy - I switched it to auto because the dining room has really dingy lighting and stray glasses/plates/salt shakers managed to make it into pretty much every picture - but I still wanted to share the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment